Version 1.0, May 2021
This policy contains important information about:
- Who we are;
- How and why we collect, store and share personal information;
- Your rights in relation to your personal information, and;
- How to contact us in the event that you have a complaint.
The website is owned and operated by: CSO Group Pty Ltd (ABN 32 617 639 522) (hereinafter "we" or "us").
- Words referring to one gender include every other gender.
- Words referring to a singular number include the plural, and words referring to a plural include the singular.
- Words referring to a person or persons include companies, firms, corporations, organisations and vice versa.
- Any obligation on a Party not to do something includes an obligation not to allow that thing to be done.
2. Who We Are
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under Australian privacy laws. We may also be regulated by the General Data Protection Regulations ("GDPR") which apply across the European Union ("EU"), including the United Kingdom ("UK") and we may be responsible as "controller" of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
3. Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information in a number of ways when we interact with you. This section provides further information about the information we collect, how we collect it, and the purposes for which we collect it.
Personal information you provide to us
1. We collect the following personal information that you provide to us: i. First Name, ii. Last Name, iii. Company Name, iv. Job Title, v. Telephone number, vi. E-Mail Address
2. We collect this information from your interaction with the website including: i. Electronic or 'web forms', ii. Webinar registration forms, iii. Event registration forms
3. We collect this information for the purposes of marketing communications about CSO Group, our products or services, events and our partner/vendor products, services or events.
Cookies and similar technologies when using our website
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Such technologies can be used to track users' actions and activities, and to store information about them. We may use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
In addition, it should be noted that in some cases our cookies or similar technologies may be owned and controlled by third parties who will also collect personal information about you.
4. Who Your Information may be Shared With
We may provide some of your personal information from time to time to our trusted third-party service providers, vendors, suppliers and partners so that they can help us to serve you.
We may use third-party service providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
We may provide some of your personal information to third-party service providers for the purpose of analysing data or tracking usage. For example, we may use these services to find out where page requests come from, dates and times of page requests, details of any website that referred you to the website and other details about your usage of the website. This information enables us to understand patterns of usage of the website, and to improve the website.
We may use third-party service providers to host the website. If this occurs, that third party service provider is likely to have access to some of your personal information.
We promise not to sell or rent your personal information to anyone else.
We would like to send you information about products, services, events, offers and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone or text message.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information. If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time. If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving information you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
6. Email Opt In/Out
9. Storage of Your Personal Information
Notwithstanding the preceding sub-clause, your personal information may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal information will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
10. Reasons we can Collect and use Your Personal Information
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
- legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- consent: you have given clear consent to us to process your personal data for a specific purpose
- legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
11. Keeping Your Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the website you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not completely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
12. Transfers of Your Information to Other Jurisdictions
Our business is based in Australia.
We may need to share some of the information that we collect about you with organisations both inside and outside Australia. In some cases, we may need to ask you before we do this.
Australia has strict data protection laws but they vary in some respects from the data protection laws in the UK and the European Economic Area ('EEA').
If we transfer, share, store or handle your information outside of the UK or the EEA, it will only be done with relevant protections in place. We will take steps to ensure that your information will be protected in accordance with applicable data protection laws and in accordance with legally recognised data transfer mechanisms.
Any transfers to these countries will be undertaken on the basis that the country, territory or one or more specific sectors in that country, or an international organisation ensures an adequate level of protection.
13. Accessing, Updating and Correcting Your Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that any of your personal information which we are holding is accurate and kept up to date.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information which is inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which it was processed) is erased or rectified without delay.
You have the right to request access to any of your personal information which we are holding.
You have the right to request that any of your personal information which we are holding be updated or corrected.
14. Governing Law
15. How to Complain
We take customer satisfaction very seriously. If you have a complaint in relation to our handling of your personal information, we will endeavour to handle it promptly and fairly.
If you have a complaint in relation to our handling of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.